"Yes". If you use MS-Windows PCs as a front end of your computer network and you can not only see the Linux data but copy it, then you can secure your data with german back up without any problems.
With Back-up4you the data on your computer will be compressed and be transferred by encoded data stream to our server. There it will be saved and secured on another system by us. A comparison of the original and the data stream takes place on your PC followed by a second check up of the data stream between your PC and the copy on our server. Only if all reports are identical you will receive a notification that everything is okay.
You can plan and date this process according to your needs. All backing up processes will be executed automatically on the chosen time and date.
Security on corporate level! With our security concept your encoded data streams will be transferred and stored to a secured server in England. This is the security standard for big companies for many years now. We offer security for everyone.
Yes! We use a protective mechanism with several steps for your data.
1. When you register with the server for the first time a kind of finger print of your computer is stored with us. Even if someone tires to spy on your access data it will not be possible to enter the system.
2. A security algorithm of 448 bit, called Blow Fish, is used to encode your data. Banks and insurances use only encoding with 128 bit.
3. What you store with us are not files in the sense of correspondences or calculations but data streams which result from the compression and the encoding. Even if someone was able to technically record these data streams it would be completely worthless without your PC, the records of previous back up sessions, your PC’s fingerprint and your password. 4. As the password is so important we have to explicitly ask you to leave a copy of your password with a notary. We are not able to give you access to your data if you are not in the possession of the password.
You have to buy a new PC and set up internet. Afterwards you should contact us, We will immediately send you a statement in which the previous access information will be recorded, however, not your password. We will then block your back ups and transfer them to a new account access, which will be given to you within an hour. Thereafter you only have to install the software and register with your new account details and your old password. Now you can access your data and save new one. We urgently advise you to change your password after the recovery.
1. After the re-installation of Windows NT/2000/XP the original user is deleted, therefore you have to show the programme where to start the recovery after the restoring. We recommend creating a directory ‘original’ in which all data can be transferred back.
2. We will not leave you by yourself! If you feel out of depth with the situation we will support you or your safety officer with the re-installation and recovery. Please understand that we have to ask you to create a new password if this is the case.
You can secure everything but there are restrictions on the compressing ability which makes planning the back up process sensible. We would like to advise you to ask yourself following questions before securing files.
1. Which files are programme files and can be re-installed from CD? These files should not be backed up.
2. Which files as only temporarily stored? In windows these are usually files ending in .tmp, .swp or .bak. These files should not be backed up only if recommended by your user manual.
3. Which files contain customer and company data, correspondence or other important company data? All data and if necessary individually designed programmes are subject of your security. The less graphical information the more compressed the files can be.
4. What files contain my communication data? In Windows these are the .pst files for Outlook Express and the .wab files for your Windows address book. You can find the ending of non-Windows files with the help of your communication programme.
Please be aware that already compressed sources can only be minimally compressed further. The compressing rate for .jpg, .jpeg, . gif, .impg etc are below 5%.